Verogen – Truth Forward
Seq and You Shall Find
On April 1, 2018, AGBL Group signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Verogen to bring the next generation of forensic science to the Middle East and African markets.
Verogen, an independent company with dedicated resources, is the world’s first sequencing company solely dedicated to forensic science. Their goal is to focus on advancing science to help unlock the true potential of forensic genomics. Powered by the gold standard Illumina technology, they are uniquely positioned to support forensic labs with innovative solutions built for the challenges of DNA identification. Targeted massively parallel sequencing (MPS) can deliver more conclusive results with greater efficiency for criminal casework, forensic databasing, missing persons cases, and disaster victim identification.
Partnering with AGBL, Verogen can elevate any forensic genomics lab’s role in preserving public safety—and at the same time improving global justice for all in the regions of Middle East and Africa. AGBL will offer the entire range of products and forensic genomics solutions that are being hosted by Verogen.
The production plant of the group is located in France and is certified ISO 9001 : 2015 and ISO 13485 : 2012 (Biowest SAS France facility).
Highlights of the Verogen Portfolio:
- Eliminate the need for multiple STR kits. Interrogate up to 230 STR and SNP markers (plus Amelogenin), with 200 amplicons between 63 – 180 bp
- Superior analysis of challenging casework samples
- Generate phenotypic and ancestry estimations for investigative leads
- STR data is compatible with current database formats, providing a seamless link between CE-based and MPS data
- MiSeq FGx produces the highest yield of error-free reads with the best performance in repetitive regions
- ForenSeq Universal Analysis Software provides intuitive data visualization of STRs and SNP data at both sample and locus levels.
- Statistical estimates of ancestry, phenotype and profile frequencies can provide leads, even on cold cases