AGBL offers spectrophotometers and cell counters through DeNovix. DeNovix Inc. is an instrumentation company that designs, manufactures and sells laboratory equipment to meet the demands of today’s evolving life science technologies. The main products from Denovix Inc include the 2017 and 2018 Reviewers’ Choice Life Science Product of the Year & Platinum Seal of Quality awarded DS-11 Series Spectrophotometer / Fluorometer, and the Best New Life Science Product of the Year 2020 award and SelectScience® Sustainable Laboratory Product of the Year 2022 award winning CellDrop Automated Cell Counter, the first instrument of its kind to enable cell counting without slides.
DS-11 Series Spectrophotometer / Fluorometer
The award-winning DS-11 FX+ from DeNovix combines the most sensitive 1 µl UV-Vis absorbance measurements with the most flexible and precise fluorometer in one compact, maintenance-free instrument. Requiring no calibration or maintenance and with the ability to analyze both proteins and nucleic acids, this system is both versatile and exquisitely sensitive. The DS-11 series spectrophotometers come in different configurations.
- DS-11 – for microvolume spectrophotometry applications
- DS-11+ – for microvolume and cuvette-based spectrophotometry applications.
- DS-11 FX – for microvolume and fluorescence spectrophotometry applications
- DS-11 FX+ – for microvolume, fluorescence and cuvette-based spectrophotometry applications.
Denovix also has an extended DS-11 range which include:
- QFX – a stand-alone spectrophotometer only for fluorescent applications
- DS-C – a stand-alone spectrophotometer only for cuvette-based applications.
- Nucleic Acid Quantification and purity
- Protein Quantification
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm)
- Kinetic Analysis (DS-11+/DS-11FX+ models)
- Fluorescence Quantification (DS-11FX/DS-11FX+/QFX models)
- Bacterial cell number estimation (OD-600)
CellDrop Automated Cell counter
CellDrop Automated Cell Counters feature patented DirectPipette™ Technology to eliminate plastic slides and cumbersome hemocytometers from routine cell counting. Featuring dual fluorescence and brightfield optics, variable height sample chamber and powerful, easy-to-use analysis software, the CellDrop Cell Counters enables the fastest cell counts, viability assessment, and GFP transfection efficiency measurements across the widest range of cell density and cell types.
CellDrop models are available in two configurations.
- CellDrop™ FL – dual fluorescence and brightfield
- CellDrop™ BF – brightfield
CellDrop is available in a range of flexible purchasing options including CellDrop unlimited and CellDrop pay as you go.
Benefits of using the CellDrop
- Eliminate slide usage and costs
- Reduce your lab’s environmental impact
- Fast, accurate cell count and viability measurements
- Widest Dynamic Range – 7 x 102 – 2.5 x 107 cells/mL
- Simple intuitive software
- Option for slide use using cells that require containment without additional adaptors
- Cell counting
- AO-PI viability testing
- Trypan blue viability testing
- Yeast cell viability testing
- Determine transfection efficiency using GFP