It is a 5 days-course to master the genomics techniques applied to RNA Sequencing and their use in laboratory practice. With RNA Sequencing we intend the analysis of the transcriptome of a given sample by the use of Sequencing By Synthesis (SBS) technology.
The course will combine lectures, theoretical sessions and practical classes.
The following topics will be covered during the theoretical sessions:
- Fundaments and recent developments in Genomics
- Applications of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to Life Science and Transcriptomics
- The principles of sample and library preparation in NGS-based approaches
- Evaluation and monitoring of sequencing run metrics on MiSeq
- Data Analysis with special focus on RNA Seq pipeline
The following techniques will be covered during the hands-on sessions:
- Sample preparation
- Library preparation
- Sequencing by synthesis (SBS) technology
- Data formats, QC and assembly
- Web-based data analysis tools for RNA Seq
This course is suitable for:
- Scientists, Researchers, Post Doc, PhD students and laboratory technicians familiar with Genomics willing to master their knowledge and hands-on in RNA Seq and SBS technology