This is a 5-Day course that is developed to train students to master the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques applied to PCR-based Target Sequencing and their use in laboratory practice. The course covers the analysis of focused panels targeting key genes by Sequencing By Synthesis (SBS) technology. PCR-based Target Sequencing uses a multiplex PCR approach, resulting in high efficiency and accuracy. The course also introduces students to basics in NGS – Bioinformatics with respect to targeted panels.
The course will combine theoretical and practical sessions in order to provide the trainees with the best-practices in Next Generation Sequencing.
The following topics will be covered during the theoretical sessions:
- Fundaments and recent developments in Genomics
- Applications of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in Life Science and Precision Medicine
- The principles of sample and library preparation in NGS-based approaches
- Evaluation and monitoring of sequencing run metrics on MiSeq
- Data Analysis, focusing on the analysis of target panels
The following techniques will be covered during the hands-on sessions:
- Sample preparation
- Library preparation
- Sequencing by synthesis (SBS) technology
- Data formats, QC and assembly
Web-based data analysis tools
This course is suitable for:
Scientists, Researchers, Post Doc, PhD students, post graduates and laboratory technicians familiar with Genomics willing to master their knowledge and hands-on skills in Targeted Sequencing and SBS technology