This is a 5-Day intensive course that has been designed to train students on the basic techniques of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). Trainees will have the unique opportunity to get hands-on training on sample preparation and library preparation related to Sequencing – By – Synthesis technology. This course also introduces students to basics in NGS – Bioinformatics.
The course will combine theoretical and practical sessions in order to provide the trainees with the best-practices in Next Generation Sequencing.
Trainees will learn about:
- Fundaments and recent developments in Genomics
- Applications of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in Life Sciences and Precision Medicine
- The principles of sample and library preparation in NGS-based approaches
- Evaluation and monitoring of sequencing run metrics on MiSeq
- Data Analysis
Trainees will also master the following techniques:
- Sample preparation
- Library preparation
- Sequencing by synthesis (SBS) technology
- Data formats, QC and assembly
- Web-based data analysis tools
This course is suitable for:
Scientists, Researchers, Post Doctorates , PhD students, Post Graduuates and laboratory technicians who are familiar with Genomics and interested in enhancing their knowledge and hands-on skills in NGS and SBS technology.