The aim of the course is to guide students choose their future career, with a detailed explanation of life sciences’ different majors, and the career options for each.
It is a 1 day-course that will combine theoretical sessions and practical classes in order to familiarize students with Laboratory techniques they would need to work with if they opt to study Life science related major in College.
Students would also get a chance to meet experts who studied life sciences related majors & choose different career paths, to guide them on the steps they would need to take to reach their career goals.
- What is Life Science
- Specializations in Life Sciences
- Studying Life science, timeline and staying updated
- Careers in Life sciences
- Wildlife Biology
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Biomedical engineering
- Where to study
- A tour in the lab with detailed explanation of the cutting edge instrument available, with explanation of aseptic techniques
- Nucleic acid isolation using commercially available reagents
- DNA/RNA quality and quantity assessment
- PCR /qPCR
- Agarose gel electrophoresis
This course is designed for high school students at their final level/year of school in any type of curriculum
UK – GCSE/A-level
India – CBSE/CISCE Grade 12
European, Global – International Baccalaureate (IB) DP year 12 & 13
US – Grade 12